Pulses 2020 Preview: Kabuli Chickpeas
Will kabuli chickpea prices turn around in 2020? Don’t get caught out in leftfield! Get the inside scoop from industry experts at Pulses 2020.
“Only a few short years ago, kabuli chickpea prices were at record highs and the market responded by boosting production. Seeded area and strong yields helped raise supply levels in nearly all exporting countries, resulting in a global glut and declining prices. In response, market forces started to take effect again and discourage production, but that process has taken some time. Now, it appears the supply/demand situation in most key countries is coming back into balance. This means the outlook for 2020 crops will be of central importance for whether kabuli chickpea prices remain locked in a sideways direction or if there is room for improvement,” says Chuck Penner, hinting at what is to come at the Pulses 2020 convention in Dubai.
Chuck will share his insights as the analyst on a kabuli chickpea panel that features industry heavy hitters from the world’s top kabuli chickpea markets and origins, including:
- Panel moderator Joel Valenzuela of Jova Granos (representing Mexico)
- Zain Salim Maniya of Midtrans Foods (representing Pakistan)
- Rajat Sarda of Rajat Agro Commodities (representing India)
- Pablo Campos of Cono S.A. (representing Argentina)
- Deepak Rawat of Marina Commodities (represetning the Black Sea region)
- Ali Siddiqui of ACA Alliance (representing Canada and the U.S.)
- Prabhat Sangwan of Olam International (reprsenting North Africa)
Mark your calendar! The Global Kabuli Chickpea Outlook panel is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 18 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Don’t miss it! Register for Pulses 2020 before February 17th and get the early bird rate!
Any information provided by an external source does not necessarily reflect the official position of the Global Pulse Confederation and should be verified independently.